SPACEWIZ–the latest app by Wizdom Music’s Jordan Rudess, the keyboardist/Continuum-player/multi-instrumentalist for Grammy-nominated prog rock/metal icons Dream Theater, and chief programmer Kevin Chartier–just came out on iTunes.
WHAT IT DOES — PLANETS + MUSIC (BUT THIS AIN’T NO HOLST)
SpaceWiz allows the viewer to interact with and control their environment at the highest level of complexity. With the manipulation of their own fingers on the playing surface, together with the technological wonders of the Chaos and Satellite generators, they fabricate particles, which then collide into planets. One can even add the onboard real time synthesizer with its independent set of sounds and parameters to create their sonic masterpiece.
SONIC MASTERPIECE! WHAT.
- Chaos, Touch and Satellite controllers.
- Randomization of total system
- Beat Sync, (so you can align your particle impacts to a grid.)
- Tap Tempo
- LowPass Filter with Resonance
- HighPass Filter with Resonance
- Time Warp
- FX including Chorus, Delay and Reverb
- 8 planets each assigned to its own timbre.
- Randomization of independent planets
- Control the independent volume, rate, width, height, mass and bounce of each planet
- Solo and Mute
- Override Tonality
- Pitch control according to Angle, X Position and Y Position of particle impact
- Pan position with Auto Pan (which pans according to a planet’s position on the grid)
- A full modulation matrix for assigning any planet’s motion to control most available parameters
SYNTH - The SW-3000 SpaceWiz synthesizer!
- 2 Oscillator synth with Sync
- Filter Envelope
- Amplitude Envelope
- Filter with Resonance assignable to vertical axis
- Separate configurable playing surface
- Dedicated SW-3000 Chorus and Delay effects
- Randomize Synthesizer
GET HOOKED UP: