This was a strange week in sports. Sure, the usual things happened. The Packers won, Tim Tebow lead a late comeback, Jerry Sandusky is still being talked about a little.
But most of the attention this week was focused on Miami. And not even on the Heat.
The Marlins, one of the most successful/worst franchises in sports history, have decided that with their new name, uniforms, and stadium, that they are all the sudden the New York Yankees South.
So they go ahead and sign Jose Reyes and Heath Bell. And it looks like Albert Pujols is on the way too.
I’ve watched sports for a while. And I’ve learned one thing. Miami hates sports. Just because they have a new fancy stadium and some new players doesn’t mean they’re going to start doing things like ‘getting fans’ or ‘making money.’ But you really can’t fault the Marlins for trying, even if it’s a terrible, terrible idea.
Here are 10 stories from the last week also taking their talents to South Beach.
1. Pujols offered a 10-year deal with the Marlins
2. Chris Paul wants to be traded to Knicks
3. Red Sox hire Bobby Valentine
4. Donovan McNabb released from the Vikings
5. Mariano Rivera has throat surgery
6. Magic Johnson wants to buy the Dodgers
7. Ndamukong Suh crashes car into a tree early Saturday morning
8. Madonna to perform at the Super Bowl halftime
9. Tim Tebow wins again
10. NHL plans dramatic realignment
Or as far as most Americans are aware, it’ll just be ‘alignment.’
This website contains mature content; you must be at least 18 years old to enter. Please click below to verify your age. By clicking the agree button, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older and you agree to view content intended for a mature audience.